Sunday, July 6, 2008

The 4th of July

Photobucket
Our Independence Day was full of fun, but very busy. We decided to go into LA for the day and find some fun there. We ended up making the decision to go check out Griffith Park. They have pony rides and a carousel there. Since the zoo is right next to it, we went there as well. As usual, Kailey had a blast at the zoo seeing all the animals.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Griffith Park was a lot of fun. We couldn't find the pony rides (the park is huge!) but we did manage to find the carousel. She loved it of course-our daredevil child that will do anything-and we had to pry her off her horse at the end. She also loved just running around in the grass and playing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After our drive home and a long nap for Kailey, we were ready to go again. We went to a park and then we were off to watch the airplanes fly overheard. Despite the plethora of activities we had done during the day, I believe this may have been Kailey's favorite thing. She loved watching the planes fly overhead and would squeal and laugh every time one took off. We stayed there much longer than we had planned.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Unfortunately after such a long day, Kailey was too tired to stay up for fireworks. Chad and I did hear quite a few and I did manage to glimpse a few illegal ones shooting up in the air from our deck. Hopefully next year, we'll finally be able to catch the big ones, or at the very least light a few of our own!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Amber said...

Tami!
I'm happy to have found your blog - you're little girl is GORGEOUS!!!
I hope all is well for you!
You can check out my family blog at www.veryparry.blogspot.com
Take care
Amber Fillmore