For our big vacation this summer, we went to Utah. Chad's Grandma and Grandpa Birrell got off their mission, so we wanted to see them, and most of our family still hadn't gotten a chance to see Madeline yet, so we packed up the kids and away we went.
First we went to Salt Lake to visit everyone up there. We had a great barbecue with the family and Madeline got to meet her closest cousin (actually first cousin once removed) who is a week younger than her. Unfortunately I dropped the ball in the picture department and didn't take any pictures of them together! In fact, I didn't take a single picture in Salt Lake because my camera died and I kept forgetting to charge it! The Sunbeam teacher in Great Grandma and Grandpa's ward was the highlight of Kailey's trip. I've never seen a child come out of primary with so much loot before, and she keeps asking when she is going to get to go back to that ward and have another adventure.
In Cedar City, we did a lot of fun stuff. Annie came up from St George and Hillary came over and Kailey had a ton of fun swimming and playing with her cousins. I also got to see my handsome little nephew Carter, who I hadn't gotten a chance to see yet. He is a month and a half older than Maddie and I'm sure they will have a blast together when they get older. It was a wonderful trip and we had a blast seeing everyone and can't wait to go back again for Jamie's wedding!
Playing at Gram's house
Taking a nap with Carter
Hanging out with Grammy and Grampy
While we were in Cedar, we went to the Greenshow one night. Kailey had a blast watching the dancing and running around on the grass.
Daddy and Kailey
Enjoying a yummy raspberry tart
Kailey had a ton of fun making cookies with her Nana
Such Beautiful Girls
Having a snack and hanging out with cousins
While we were there, I was lucky enough to get to go to my friend Jen's baby shower. We've been friends since middle school and we were roommates at BYU. She lives in Texas and our trips to Utah just happened to coincide! Next time we see each other, we'll both have babies!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Picture Overload--Summer Vacation
Posted by Tami at 10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment