So, on Tuesday, the orchestra I'm in had a concert at Disney Concert Hall. I was so excited to be playing there! What an opportunity it was. We combined with a high school choir and the college band at the school our director teaches at. It was an amazing experience. I carried my camera everywhere (including inside the hall). It is beautiful inside and the sound carries so well. We had the opportunity to listen to the first half of the concert from inside the hall since we weren't on the program until the second half. It was so neat. Although they told us no pictures, I snuck my camera in anyways and took some while hiding the camera behind the program and avoiding the unsuspecting ushers that were prowling the aisles. Here are a few of the highlights.
This is what the hall looked like from my perspective (of course it was when we were rehearsing, not during the actual performance that I took these pictures).


Here is what it looked like if you are in the audience. Keep in mind, I was taking these pictures without looking through the camera, so some are crooked.
This is the ceiling
This is what the orchestra area looked like from above. I took this before anyone was on.
Here is the entrance.
Here are a few other fun pictures I took.
This is Jesse-he is 13 and just an incredible violinist. We played Mendehlson's Violin Concerto and he was the soloist. This kid is just incredible. (He gave me permission to post his picture on the blog). This was him in his very own room they gave to him to warm up/think)
Here is Eileen and Emily. Eileen plays the violin and Emily plays the viola. We were exploring.

I found this interesting. These are the salaries of the LA Symphony and the Chicago Symphony. The musicians in the Chicago Symphony get payed so much more!
Pink is Chicago, yellow is LA.

Last but not least, here I am ready to go out and play!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Disney Concert Hall!!
Posted by Tami at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That concert hall looks so cool! It must have been really amazing to play there. Do you get a sound recording of the concert?
That is so awesome that you got to play there! We went to Get Smart last weekend, and it had the Disney Concert Hall in it and I thought it looked so cool. I'm glad you snuck your camera in!
Wow that is great Tami I am so glad that you continue to play the Oboe! I have slacked ALOT on the Viola Hope to see you soon we need to get together the next time you make it to Utah!
Post a Comment