Friday, November 26, 2010

Mischievous Madeline

Our little Maddie is getting so big and growing up so fast! And getting into so much mischief! I like to tell Chad that I didn't realize just how good Kailey was until Maddie! Before her, we never had to hide markers away, check our garbage cans for items we don't want thrown away, or put everything up high--very high so she can't climb and get it!
She wants to be exactly like her big sister and is constantly chasing her around and especially loves Kailey to read to her. They are so darling together and I love watching them interact.
Maddie is our little miss independent. She has to do everything by herself, especially feeding herself. If we even try to give her something, she will spit it out or won't even open her mouth for us. I'm constantly cleaning up the kitchen floor because of this.
She is a climber! I should have known when she started trying to climb up the outside of our stairs at six months old that we were in trouble! One day I laid her in her crib for a nap only to hear suspicious noises a little while later. I went in and she had climbed out of her crib and was quietly playing in the dark. She will also climb on top of her little play kitchen by only using her arms to pull herself over! She is super strong.
Chances are that if she is quiet, we are in trouble! The other day I was trying to get ready for the day and I hadn't heard Maddie for awhile. I thought she was safely playing in her room where everything was Maddie-proof. Of course I was wrong! I walked in to find my baby covered in green marker! It was all over her face and hands. Somehow she climbed up on the desk and retrieved the markers that were pushed far against the wall where she couldn't reach.
The next day she decided that my running shoes needed to be in the shower with me. At least it wasn't my cell phone!
Here she is after she got into the paint and painted her slide and herself. I really do watch her, but she is super quick. I had just sent her and Kailey to play on the deck and ran downstairs to do some cleaning. This is what ten minutes of cleaning got me--a toddler who had to have a bath, clothes to wash, and a slide to clean!
She loves to read! Here she is reading her own book and having her big sister read her a bedtime story.
Eating yogurt all by herself! I tried to feed her at first and she cried like her heart was broken, so I gave her the spoon and she happily ate it herself, though I think more was on her face then in her tummy.
We love our little Madeline! She brings such joy and laughter into our family and is so darn cute that it's hard not to laugh when she gets into mischief.

1 comments:

Tina said...

Those pictures are awesome. You're brilliant to laugh, take a picture, and worry about the clean up later. But she is way too young to be climbing out of her crib.