Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kailey

Kailey is getting so big. I am finally coming to terms with the fact that my baby is going to be going to kindergarten in the fall, and every day I am amazed by how smart she is.
She is very ambitious. She has a dream to be a paleontologist when she grows up. A few months ago she was going to be a "working mom" and be a mommy and a paleontologist, but recently that changed. We were walking to the park the other day when she informed me that she is never going to be a mommy. Of course I asked her why and this was her response: "Because children are naughty." It was hilarious.
She also went on the Tower of Terror at California Adventure a few weeks back, and it has fast become her favorite ride. Now we get to ride that almost every time we go, and she tells everyone she meets that she went on it. What a little daredevil she is.
Kailey has a very big imagination. Every day she pretends to be someone/something new. The other day she was a puppy, and we were driving in the car and she told me that she couldn't wait to go home and have a bone for lunch. Today we were being mice. Every time I talked to her, she made me talk in a high pitched voice, and would correct me if I forgot.
She is really into drawing at her new desk, coloring and writing me notes. She loves to leave little letters and notes to us around the house, or make cards for us and hang them on our door. The other day she was being naughty and had to go to her room and a little while later she walked in, handed me a piece of paper, then walked out again without speaking to me. On the paper she had written "I am mad." I just had to laugh at that.
We just love our little girl so much and we are so lucky to have her in our lives! She is absolutely adored by her baby sister, and brings so many blessings into our home with her vivacious personality.

1 comments:

Michelle Komarek said...

This post reminded me off an adorable children's book. If you don't have it, you need to, Lily's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes.