Wednesday, October 28, 2009

All Things Kailey


Kailey has always had the ability to say and do things that make me laugh, but lately she has just been coming up with more and more stuff. Here are just a few highlights of our Kailey filled days lately.
She has decided that she wants to be a "working mom" as she puts it when she grows up. She wants to have babies like me and she also wants to be a paleontologist so she can dig up dinosaurs. We are going through a Land Before Time phase at our house and we are required to refer to her as Sarah or Littlefoot at almost all times. Unfortunately, with that we are also called Grandma and Grandpa when she is being Littlefoot. Imagine the looks I get in stores when my four year old is calling me Grandma. Its a bit embarrassing.

We went to the Griffith Park Observatory and they did a little show where they made a comet. Now Kailey loves to make her own comets around our house. All it takes is a ziplock bag and water and her imagination. Now I have to be very careful and supervise her around any water faucets so I don't have puddles around our entire house.

When we were driving in the car the other day this is the conversation that took place.
Kailey:"Mommy, when I grow up I'm going marry Joshy."
Me:"Um, okay."
Kailey: "Because then I can be part of his family and he can be part of ours. I'm going to wear a poofy yellow dress too."

A few days later, she said this: "Mommy, Josh is so cute with his curly white hair." Then, they were holding hands during the primary program practice at church! Boy are we in trouble when she gets older.

We also read a book about bugs a few weeks ago and Kailey became obsessed with mosquitoes. So now all we hear about is how mosquitoes love to drink blood...and how they have most likely drank her own blood at some point in her life. Oh how we love this curious little girl!

0 comments: