Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kailey the Bug Catcher


Yesterday Kailey came running up to me while I was feeding Maddie with wide frantic eyes telling me there was a bug by the stairs. I went over to look, Maddie in arms, and saw one of our regular buggy visitors--a silverfish. Yuck. I told Kailey that I would get it once Maddie was done eating and sat back down on the couch. I watched Kailey walk into the bathroom and pretty soon she came out with a giant wad of toilet paper. When I asked what she was planning on doing with that, she informed me she was going to catch the "fish". I laughed then sat back to observe. She walked right up to the "fish" and leaned down and inspected it for a moment, then brought the wad of toilet paper closer and closer to it. She got about an inch away, screamed, threw the toilet paper in the air and ran away. I ended up eradicating the silverfish myself once I had the chance since I was informed that bugs are too scary for little girls to catch themselves.

1 comments:

kenzor said...

To tell the truth, I thought she was going to use a net to catch it, just like in Animal Crossing!