Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Paint explosion!

The first of many posts on antics perpetrated by a determined two year old. The other morning I woke up at 6:30. The unusual thing about it was that it was later than usual and Kailey wasn't the cause. Immediately I was suspicious. She never sleeps in that late and usually comes in and bugs me or Chad until one of us is up. Upon hearing her talking to herself in her room, I opened the door-to complete mayhem! Kailey had climbed up to where her paints are stored and gotten them down. She proceeded to "finger paint" everything in sight including carpets, walls, and most of all herself. I can't give you any pictures of the scene, but imagine an American Indian in full war paint and you will get the picture of what she looked like. I was too stunned to even think about going to grab the camera, but that is something that I am going to remember in future incidents! I will include a picture of her painting with supervision just for fun though! I put Kailey in the shower and proceeded to try to scrub the "washable" paints out of the carpet. Chad slept blissfully through Kailey wailing that the paint was coming off-thank goodness-and me in the room next door scrubbing down everything in sight. I actually think that he was really awake, but decided that it was way too early to deal with his girls. Its a wonder that he doesn't sleep with ear plugs! Imagine my horror when, a couple months ago our neighbor informed me that she sleeps with earplugs in....oops! Actually she told me it is from the noises outside-not us!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Matt said...

You're nice. I would have waken up Matt and made him help me!

The Au Family said...

Oooh...thats never good. Gotta love kids! :) Welcome to the blogging world!

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

Come on over for a blog.

Brad's TLC said...

Hey Tami!! I was just randomly searching for updates on facebook, and saw that you got a blog!! whew hoo!!!! I'm going to add you to my friends and family. Also, I know how super protective you are of you little girl, so I know some family's make their blog "invite only", and you have to sign in to see it. Just fyi. super cute family you have there!!